Thursday, August 11, 2016

I come with baggage

Between my two bags and my two carry-ons, I have exactly 100 pounds of luggage, if the bathroom scale I borrowed is to be believed. This seems a bit extreme. I just finished a book about the history of Mountain Men, and I can't help feeling they would think I was incredibly vain and excessive.
Speaking of mountains, I still seem to have an unusually large pile of stuff still to get rid of. I would like to just throw it away or have a huge bonfire, but I can't shake the guilt about how wasteful it is, and probably not environmentally friendly.
Since I'm being sent to an impoverished area to do environmental education, it seems like a bad way to start is "yeah, so I had a TON of perfectly good stuff, so I just set it all on fire to make sure that silly ozone hole doesn't get any funny ideas about shrinking."
One more day before I leave my house. Exactly when should I begin panicking?

No comments:

Post a Comment