Saturday, May 12, 2018

VAC

There's an advisory board called the Volunteer Advisory Committee in every post in Peace Corps. Each cohort has to elect representatives (in our case, about one for every ten volunteers). Since GUY29 was only ten of us, I was the only one elected. For 2016 I was just a regular member of the committee. For all of 2017 I was the co-chair with GUY28's Jackie as Chair. Now for 2018 I'm the Chair. I don't know why I keep forgetting to mention that, but I'm actually pretty proud of it.
So what does that mean? It means that if volunteers have issues, or need go-betweens or mediators with staff, they can go to their VAC person. If staff has ideas for change, they can run it by the committee to get an idea of volunteer perceptions. We do a bunch of projects and stuff too, but in my opinion, those two things are the most important that we do.

In other news, I'm using the fact that I have no running water currently as an excuse not to do anything today.

Also, I'd probably sell my soul for some sour patch kids, or peanut m&m's right now. Cravings are a major downside of living in the middle of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment